Friday, August 8, 2014

LIGHTNING CATCHER By: Anne Cameron

LIGHTNING CATCHER  By: Ann Cameron
I was first introduced to this book by my eleven year old grandson. He saw the next book in my pile of books to read and told me it was fantastic. So being his grandmother I asked him to bring me the first book so I could read it. He has great taste.
Angus is eleven and he is living with his inventor uncle while his parents are missing. And one day he is whisked off to the island of Umbur to become an apprentice at the Perilous Exploratorium for Weather and Vicious Storms. Their he finds himself with other students his age, but all of them know about the island and the Exploratorium. He hasn't a clue. It turns out his parents aren't who he thought they were and they too work on Umbur, only they are being held captive at the other end of the island. Angus wants to find them, but he has so much to learn, classes in fog and lightning. Not to be missed. Ages 8-12 Greenwillow Books
$16.99

No comments: